The Startup Incubation Centre (SIC) was started in the year 2017 with the active support of the Department of Industries, Government of Bihar under the name of CIMP Business Incubation and Innovation Foundation (CIMP-BIIF). The incubation centre is empanelled under Startup Bihar Policy 2017. Major thrust areas of the centre include startup projects from Edu-Tech, Fin-Tech, Ad-Tech, E-commerce and Health-Tech Sectors. In the year 2019, centre got listed with Startup India. Incubation centre provides facilities like mentoring, plug and play office, co-working space etc. to start-ups.
Based on the guidelines of Startup India and Atal Innovation Mission, CIMP has now made a fully owned Section 8 company to undertake all the Incubation related activities. This separate ROC registered entity is now being named as CIMP Business Incubation and Innovation Foundation (CIMP-BIIF). This entity has been incorporated on 27th December 2021. All the books and liabilities of previous entity has been carried forward to the new entity.
Our vision is to facilitate a platform for empowering and scaling up business ventures with state of art mentoring support.
To build a strong innovation led start-up ecosystem in Bihar maximizing the value to budding entrepreneurs, investors and society.
The objectives of CIMP-BIIF includes,
- Creating physical infrastructure and support systems necessary for business incubation activities
- Facilitating networking with professional resources including mentoring, expert consultation, business advisory; innovation led product testing facility and entrepreneurial activities.
- To expedite investment opportunities in the startups with excellent network of Angel Investors, Venture Capital firms, HNI’s and global entrepreneurship organizations such as TiE.
Prof. Rajeev Verma, Nodal Officer, Startup Bihar at CIMP-BIIF
Mr. Niraj Kumar Nir, C.E.O. Aishwariya Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Kumod Kumar, CEO, CIMP-BIIF
All the Internal faculty members at CIMP are encouraged for Startup Mentoring. Apart from our own team of Key Mentors (Internal Mentors), we also have an experienced team of external mentors.
Prof. (Dr.) Rana Singh, Director (I/C), Professor and Dean Academics
Prof. Vijaya Bandyopadhyaya
Prof. Kalyan Prasad Agrawal
Prof. Rajesh Kumar
Prof. Sayan Banerjee
Prof. Debabrata Samanta
Prof. Rajeev Verma
Prof. G K Murthy Kothapalli
Prof. Sibananda Senapati
Prof. Anuj Sharma
Prof. Jyoti Verma
Prof. Sriranga Vishnu
Prof. Ranjit Tiwari
Prof. Ankit Sharma
Prof. N Mohanty
Prof. Santosh Kumar
Prof. Mamta Singh
Prof. Sudeep Rohit
Apart from Institutional faculty members as our Key Mentors, we also have an experienced team of external mentors from Academia and Industry. Few of them are namely: -
- Prof. Alok Kumar Singh, Associate Professor, IIM Trichy
- Prof. Piyush Kumar Singh, Associate Professor, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. Rajat Agarwal, Professor, IIT Roorkee
- Prof. Thankom Arun, Professor of Global Development and Accountability, Essex Business School, University of Essex, UK
From Emerging Startups
- Ms. Aishwarya Neer, MBA (XLRI), CEO, Global Beauty Secrets
- Mr. Arjun Chaudhary, CEO, M-fine
- Mr. Shashank Kumar, Founder and CEO DeHaat
- Mr. Amit Shukla- Founder EasyGov
- Mr. Rajat Jain, MD, Sunfox Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Ashutosh Dubey, B.Tech (IIT), MBA (UCLA) Sr. Product Manager, LinkedIn (USA)
- Mr. Yateen Kumar Suman, Global Investor, HNI
- Mr. S K Das, President & CEO, Transcontinental Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Divyanshu Verma, Co-founder & CEO, Redinent Innovations (Karekeba)
- Mr. Ramnivas Kumar, Social Entrepreneur
- Mr. Uday Chaterjee, (HNI and Member, TiE, Dehradun)
- Mrs. Vashundhara Singh, MBA(Purdue University, USA)
- Mr. Amit Prakash, B.Tech (IIT) & MBA (IIM, Lucknow), Vice President (Moodies)
- Mr. Dibyanshu, LL.M (Columbia University School of Law, New York), Partner-Khaitan Co.
- Mrs. Vashundhara Singh, MBA (Perdue University, USA)
- D L Raju, Chartered Accountant, Ex-chairperson ICAI, Bihar
- S D Sanjay, Senior Advocate, Ex- Solicitor General of India
- Mrs. Roshnie Monga, PWC, Govt. of Uttarakhand
- Mrs. Aishwarya Neer, MBA(XLRI), Entrepreneur, Global Beauty Secrets
Knowledge partners :
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
MoU between CIMP and Manchester
MoU between Karekeba Ventures and CIMP-BIIF