PhD, IIT Kharagpur,M.Sc (Economics) University of Calcutta
Business Environment &B Policy
Refereed Journal Publication:
· Human Development in Bihar and Impact of Liquor Prohibition Policy: An Analysis, Journal of Governance & Public Policy. 2017, Vol. 8, No. 2, 27-38
· Changing Policy Paradigm of Drinking Water Service Delivery: An Empirical Investigation in the context of Bihar, India, Journal of Management & Public Policy, 2017, Vol. 8, No. 2, 13-22.
· Tenure Security and Women Right over Land: A Study in the context of Bihar, Journal of Land and Rural Studies, 2016, Vol. 4, No. 2, 242-253.
· Samanta. D., & Shireesh (2015). ‘Social Impact Assessment of Projects involving Land Acquisition in India: Implications of RFCTLARR Act, 2013’, Journal of Management & Public Policy. 2015, Vol. 7, No. 1, 27-35.
· Impact of Joint Liability Group on Sustainable Livelihood and Social Capital Promotion: A Study in the Context of Bihar, Annamalai International Journal of Business Studies and Research, 2015, Vol. 7, No. 2, 153-163
· Determinants of People’s Participation: A Study of rural West Bengal, India, Development in Practice. 2015, Vol. 25, No. 1, 71-85.
· People’s Participation and Public Service Delivery: A Review of Issues and Determinants, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy. 2014, Vol. 26, No. 1-4, 167-191.
Understanding the role of Participation in Public Service Delivery: Evidences from Rural West Bengal India, International Journal of Public Administration, 2014, Vol. 37, No. 12, 875-884.
· Lack of Land Tenure Security as Challenges to Sustainable Development: An Assessment in the context of Bihar, India, in Dinda, S (Ed) Handbook of Research on Climate Change Impact on Health and Environmental Sustainability, IGI Global Publication, Pennsylvania, USA, 2015,
· Assessment of Land Governance in Bihar, in Faizi, A.A.A., Iyer, K.G., and Kaur, A., (Eds.) Tenancy Laws and Practices: Emerging Issue, Centre for Rural Studies, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Manak Publication, New Delhi, 2015.
· Participation and Decision Making: A Study from Rural West Bengal’, in Balan, P.P., George, S., and Kunhikannan, T.P., (Eds.) Decentralisation and Development: Experiences and Experiments, Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA), 2014.
· Universal Primary Education in India: Issues and Challenges, in Goswami, K., Nayak, N.C., & Chatterjee, B. (Eds) Economic Reforms, Human Welfare and Sustainable Development in India. New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2007.
§ Who’s Right Is It: Towards a new set of Land Policies for Optimal Utilisation, 2016 Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty, World Bank, held during 14th-18th March, 2016, Washington DC, USA.
§ Vulnerability Associated with Land Acquisition and Compensation: An Empirical Investigation in Bihar, India; India Land and Development Conference, organized by NITI Ayog, India and NRMC, Delhi April, 5th-6th , 2017, New Delhi
§ Determining Willingness to Pay For Drinking Water through Contingent Valuation Approach: An Insights from Rural Bihar, presented at the Second International Conference on Applied Economics and Business, organised by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University and The Indian Econometric Society, held during 28th-29th July, 2016, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir.
§ Assessment of Land Governance in Bihar’, presented in the conference on Tenancy Laws & Practices: Emerging Issues organised by Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, February 20th-21st, 2014, Mussouri.
§ Spaces of People’s Participation in Democratic Decision Making and Underlying Household Characteristics Determining Participation: A Study on rural West Bengal, presented at the 4th Development Meet organized by Central University of Bihar, February 21st-22nd, 2014, Patna.
§ Willingness to Pay: Exploring Possibility of community ownership in Rural Drinking Water Service in Bihar, presented at the Second National Symposium on Rural Management, organized by Institute of Rural Management Anand, December 13th -14th, 2013, Anand.
§ Participatory Practices in Rural Areas: A Study of Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, presented at the National Conference on Decentralised Governance and Changing Paradox of Development in Rural Areas, organized by Central University of Jharkhand, September 11th-12th, 2013,Ranchi.
Governance and Employment Generation through NREGA: A Case Study of Gram
Panchayats in West Bengal, presented at and Thinkers and Writers Forum’ held
during 21st Skoch Summit on organized by Skoch Development
Foundation, November 10th-12th,
2009, New Delhi
Sponsored Research and Consultancy
· EBA-Land Expert for India-Bihar
For the Report ‘Enabling the Business of Agriculture (EBA), 2017’
The World Bank, Washington DC
· Social Impact Assessment of land acquisition for Ganga Bridge in Patna district.
Sponsored by: District Magistrate, Patna, Government of Bihar
· Land Governance Assessment Framework for Bihar
Sponsored by: The World Bank, Washington DC
· Evaluation of MGNREGA Diwas in Bihar,
Sponsored by: Rural Development Department, Government of Bihar
· Assessment of Drinking Water Services in Rural Bihar for RWSS-LIS Programme
Sponsored by: The World Bank under coordination of Public Health Engineering Department, Government of Bihar
· Social Impact assessment of Land Acquisition for construction of Bridge and approach road at Madariyaghat in Darbhanga district.
Sponsored by: District Magistrate, Darbhanga, Government of Bihar
· Social Impact assessment of Land Acquisition for construction of Hajipur Sugauli rail line in Vaishali district.
Sponsored by: District Magistrate, Vaishali, Government of Bihar
· Social Impact assessment of Land Acquisition under Bandhua to Paimar fly over construction project (phase—I and II) of Indian Railways at Manpur block (Gaya district) of Bihar
Sponsored by: District Magistrate, Gaya, Government of Bihar
· Social Impact assessment of Land Acquisition for construction of new railway line in Garkha under Saran district
Sponsored by: District Magistrate, Saran, Government of Bihar